Raw Sweet Potato Bread
We don’t have sweet potatoes on hand, but we do have butternuts coming out our ears. I bet this would work pretty well with butternut. And we don’t have a high-speed blender, but I could pre-grate the squash before using the regular blender… Hm.
From Raw Food Passion.
Sweet Potato Bread Recipe:
2 sweet potatoes
1 cup of flax seeds
1/4 cup of honey
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 dash of sea salt to taste
Directions: Combine all of the ingredients into a vitamixer and blend until smooth and well combined. Spread the mixture onto a dehydrator tray and set the temperature at 115 degrees. Leave it in the dehydrator for 15 hours and then break them apart and eat them with a favorite dish!
Raw Sprouted Wheat Cinnamon-Raisin Bread
Raisin & Cinnamon Bread
As the nights start getting colder in some parts of the world, this is the time when we start to lean towards other foods to keep up feeling warm and yummy throughout the winter months.
With this being the case, NOW is a great time to start experimenting with sprouted wheat, because a) It tastes lovely, b) It’s super-nutritious and c) It’s very cheap!
A few years ago I experimented by making a variety of different breads in my dehydrator to see what I could concoct. My clear favourite was the following - it’s juicy, sweet and Christmassy all rolled into one. Enjoy!
* 3 cups of sprouted wheat
* 1 cup of raisins
* 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon powder
1) Simply blend all the ingredients together really well in a food processor or high powered blender. You may find that a hand blender will work much better than a table-top blender depending on what make and power you have. Make sure you have a nice, smooth mixture so the wheat grains are no longer whole.
2) Remove from your processor and shape into slices or a small loaf (say 3” long x 2” wide x 1” tall). You can either eat fresh as it is in small shaped sections, or dehydrate to your desired level of dryness. (It tastes better if it is kept nice and juicy in the middle at least).
3) Serve on its own or with honey, agave or banana spread on top. Mmmmm!
RAW COACH’S TOP TIPS:
* Feel free to add any ingredients you desire such as apple, nutmeg, pineapple, clove, banana, coconut etc.
Based on Random Daze theme by Polaraul