Raw Pumpkin Uncheesecake
Originally by Melissa Mango, as adapted by a poster on Raw Food Talk.
Punkin’ patch cheesecake ~ by Chef Melissa Mango of Terra Bella Cafe Redondo Beach, CA
3 c Raw pecans
1/3 c gold raisins
Pinch of salt
Process in food processor till crumbly, then press into 8? spring form pan.
1 c cashews
2 c young Thai coconut meat
2 c carrot juice
1 1/2 c soft pitted dates
1 TB vanilla
2 TB pumpkin pie spice
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 c coconut oil melted
Blend well. Pour over crust. Freeze for 3-5 hrs, then place in fridge.
Serve cheesecake drizzled with chocolate sauce
1/2 c agave
2 soft pitted dates
4 TB cocoa powder
Blend well. Store in glass.
Recipe variation: Cranberry coulis is excellent drizzled over halved Pecans garnished on the cheesecake. A sprig of mint or misteltoe as a garnish is a beautiful touch for the holidays.
1 c fresh cranberries
1/2 c soft pitted dates
Blend on low speed, slowly add a little pure water to help turn.
Blend well, strain and store in glass.
Raw Vegan Blueberry and White Chocolate Uncheesecake
Posted on my birthday. A coincidence? I think not… ;-)
Vegan Raw Blueberry and White Chocolate ‘Cheese’cake
Living Base Ingredients
- Almonds, Sunflower seeds and Macadamia nuts (1/2 cup of each, preferably soaked overnight)
- ½ cup of dried Dates
- 1 tablespoon of Raw Cacao Powder
Blueberry and White Chocolate Filling
- 4 tablespoons of Raw Organic Cacao Butter
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 large cup of Blueberries
- 1 tsp Raw Maca Powder
- 1 tablespoon Organic Raw Coconut Flakes
Creamy Maca and Almond Mylk Topping
- 1 cup Spring Water
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 dessertspoon Raw Maca Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Raw Organic Honey
- 2 tablespoons Raw Organic Cacao Butter
- Blend all the base ingredients into a paste and press into the bottom and sides of the serving dish. Dehydration at this point is optional if you want a dryer base.
- Blend the blueberries, Maca and coconut flakes. Melt the cacao butter and Coconut Oil over a low heat, add to the mix and blend again. Pour the filling mixture over the base, stopping just before the top of the dish to leave room for the topping. Place this in the fridge until it has set to the desired consistency.
- Make up some thick almond mylk by blending the almonds and spring water and then squeezing through a mesh cloth to extract all the cream from the almonds. Keep the solid almond remains to one side to be used later if desired.
- Melt the cacao butter over a low heat and stir the honey through it. Add this along with the maca to the almond mylk and blend again. This should result in a thick and creamy consistency. Gently pour this over the top of the filling until it reaches the top of the dish.
- Garnish with finely chopped macadamias, blueberries and cacao powder.
Based on Random Daze theme by Polaraul